- 80s Costumes
- 80s Theme Party Supplies
- 80s Fashions for Women and Girls
- 80s Retro Style Cool Shoes
- 1980′s Music
- 80s T-Shirts and Style
- 80s TV Shows
- Michael Jackson Biography
- Movies of the 80′s
- The 80s on DVD
- Top 80s Gifts and Collectibles
- 1980s Cars and Trucks
Posts about the 1980′s
- Monsters of Rock LA Coliseum 1988
- Finding the Perfect Costume From the 1980′s
- I Only Want to be With You – What Happened to The Bay City Rollers
- Five Sunset Strip Clubs Go 80s on Friday Night
- Madonna Interview Announcement
- The Lasting Legacy of Whitney Houston
- Sixteen Candles: Where Are They Now?
- Attending or Hosting an 80s Theme Party? Here’s Some 1980s Party Costume Suggestions
- Greg Kihn Celebrity Interview October 2011
- Trans Atlantic Crush CD “Remember” Now Available for Sale
- A Short History of Killing Joke
- Duran Duran Music Moments from the 80s
- Magnum P.I. is One of the Best TV Shows from the 1980s
- Duran Duran Returns with ‘All You Need is Now’ Album
- An Overview of Colorful 80s Fashion Trends
- The Top 80s Costumes for Women and Girls
- Power Balladz- The 1980s Rock Extravaganza in New York City
Tag Archives: 80s video
OK, I am a big fan of pretty much everything about the 80's. Tonight I decided to check out "That 80's Show" on Hulu.Com. I was watching the pilot and they made a reference to "The Bay City Rollers".
I remembered being a big fan of "The Bay City Rollers" in he late 1970's when I was a "tween", even buying and still owning a 45 of "I Only Want to be with You" and skating at the local roller rink to "Saturday Night".
Whitney Houston was arguably the second most famous female pop star in the 1980s.
Her untimely death at 48 hears old is, while unfortunate, was probably not a big surprise to many.
Houston set the standard for pop-soul singers in the '80s. She was vibrant in the 1980s, sharing her passion for music and life with complete enthusiasm.
In the last two decades however, it appeared the Whitney had lost her way and no longer had anything in her life that she was as passionate about as music.
With a new album and a long career, the band remains one of the biggest selling acts from the 1980s.
U2 has always been outspoken, but has remained forever true to their 80s roots.
For sure, the tour to promote the new album will again break records. Unfortunately, one of those records will likely be the price of a ticket to the show.
As graduation approached in the spring of 1983, I began to plan, well hope is more like it, that I could attend the US Festival in Southern California.
This was four days of live music and entertainment from all those acts we saw on MTV (back when they used to play music videos).
There were very few artists who did not play at The US Festival.
From Van Halen to the Scorpions, to The Clash and Missing Persons, there were more than 100 bands and musicians at The US Festival.
Do you remember LiveAid from the summer of 1985?
From Band-Aid - Do They Know it's Christmas to We are the World, it was a year that stood the 80s on it's head.
The 80s was all about money, fashion and fame! but, Live-Aid was all about giving and caring for your fellow man.
This is the first time I have seen Live-Aid in a few years, and it always has an impact on me.
Back in the 1980s there were a great many really good situation comedies and other types of television shows to choose from.
Many of these wonderful television shows created mega child stars and several of these shows are true television classics. Take "Cheers", for example. Cheers is hard to beat for classic TV in any decade.
There were many other entertaining sitcoms and drams on the tube in the 1980s, like Family Ties and Growing Pains.
Relive the 80s TV shows you knew and loved. Here are some of the top-rated episodes of your favorite 80s TV shows. There are hundreds more full episodes of these and many more classic TV shows at Hulu.Com.
1981 was another banner year at the movies. Many favorite stars from the past were making movies and many great new actors were appearing on the scene.
Some of the little known actors of 1981, such as Denzel Washington, have gone to become "Mega Stars"
Here's a list of the top 25 box office stars of 1981, some of the top movies of 1981, and promising new actors from that year.
"On Golden Pond" and "Raiders of the Lost Ark" are the two movies from 1981 that should be most remembered 27 years later.