Here i have for you a 1988 Volkswagen Cabriolet. She has a 1.8L Engine and is a 5 speed manual and has a 139,500 miles on it. Drives & runs great!
White wheels, body, interior and top, VERY SHARP. The top is in great shape and doesn’t have any tears or leaks. The front & back seats have been re-upholstered, inserts have a basket weave and has red outline beading (look at close up photo). I started doing some minor maintenance to the engine (timing belt, engine mounts) and wound-up doing a complete head job. Keep in mind there was nothing wrong with the engine, I just decided to go ahead and do these major maintenance items.
A/C blows cold
new timing belt service
Cylinder head has been overhauled and blocked (professionally done at machine shop)
new head gasket
new injector lines
New shift bushings and linkage with an adjustable short shift kit
New water pump
new oil cooler
new O-2 sensor
new engine mounts and transmission mounts
Top is great shape
newly re-upholstered vinyl seats
New speakers that fit into doors and back panel
Clarion CD & USB input radio
1) Could use a paint job as the paint has come off in some places on the plastic bumpers and bottom plastic trim, very minor surface rust on the back trunk lid. Couple dings, however, no dents. See photos.
2) Driver side door lock doesn’t work with the key because of the locking cam is broke off, I can’t fine the piece online (junkyard pull is best option). Door & lock is functional, just can’t use key to lock/unlock driver door.
3) the side trim around the car is missing one piece, so I put sticky back plastic chrome trim strips on. It was supposed to be temporary fix until I found the missing piece. I have 5 of the 6 pieces of trim and the 5 pieces will go with the car (best bet is probably junk yard pull)
4) the LCD clock on the instrument cluster does not work and the cabin fan will sometime squeal when it first is turned on. The squeal goes away with changing the fan speed, no big deal.
5) could use tires soon, probably less than 50% tread.
I originally bought this car for my wife a few years ago but now it is time to move on because she doesn’t drive it much. It is a great car and hate to see it go especially with all of the work we have done to it. I have some extra parts too that can go with the car. There is a tow bar under the front bumper, makes me wonder if the car had been pulled behind an RV at some point , which would make some of the miles not running/driving but rolling miles.
Unfortunately I can’t upload more photos (eBay limits 24 photos). I have more photos if you are interested, just ask.
$500.00 deposit through PayPal the remainder paid at time of pick up. Full payment due 7 days after auction closed.