- 80s Costumes
- 80s Theme Party Supplies
- 80s Fashions for Women and Girls
- 80s Retro Style Cool Shoes
- 1980′s Music
- 80s T-Shirts and Style
- 80s TV Shows
- Michael Jackson Biography
- Movies of the 80′s
- The 80s on DVD
- Top 80s Gifts and Collectibles
- 1980s Cars and Trucks
Posts about the 1980′s
- Monsters of Rock LA Coliseum 1988
- Finding the Perfect Costume From the 1980′s
- I Only Want to be With You – What Happened to The Bay City Rollers
- Five Sunset Strip Clubs Go 80s on Friday Night
- Madonna Interview Announcement
- The Lasting Legacy of Whitney Houston
- Sixteen Candles: Where Are They Now?
- Attending or Hosting an 80s Theme Party? Here’s Some 1980s Party Costume Suggestions
- Greg Kihn Celebrity Interview October 2011
- Trans Atlantic Crush CD “Remember” Now Available for Sale
- A Short History of Killing Joke
- Duran Duran Music Moments from the 80s
- Magnum P.I. is One of the Best TV Shows from the 1980s
- Duran Duran Returns with ‘All You Need is Now’ Album
- An Overview of Colorful 80s Fashion Trends
- The Top 80s Costumes for Women and Girls
- Power Balladz- The 1980s Rock Extravaganza in New York City
Category Archives: 80s Movies
In the 80s, the Brat Pack was everywhere. John Hughes films were successful in theaters and the actors were stars, in the true sense of the term.
However, the 80s didn’t last forever and some of the stars have fallen out of public view.
Ever wonder what they’re up to these days?
Here is a peak into what happened to the stars of Sixteen Candles after the 80s was through.
Sam (Played by Molly Ringwald)
It was during the 1980s that movies changed for the better. There are too many memorable 80s movies to list in one place, but here are just a few of our favorites.
With the introduction of new special effect possibilities and a fresh look on acting and direction, many movies were full of excitement.
Director Steven Spielberg was one of the most successful directors during the 80s and really set the tone for many other movie makers in the industry.
The Griswolds have planned all year for a great summer vacation.
From their suburban Chicago home, across America, to the wonders of the Wally World fun park in Southern California, every step of the way has been carefully plotted.
Except for a few hysterical exceptions.
National Lampoons Vacation is 26 years old and still a goofy comedy classic thanks to a great cast and an exceptional group of comedy writers and great directing.
Cheech and Chongs Next Movie. There's some good gags on this romp from 1980. Also, a great cast of characters.
Cheech must deal with losing his job, his angry neighbor, and trying to score with sexy Donna.
Along the way they meet everyone from Pee Wee Herman to really cool aliens.
Meanwhile, Chong meets Cheech's cousin Red and the two have a wild time in Hollywood with a big bag of buds and a cool Ferrari.
The Mexican American Song -
The Cast Features Cheech Marin, Tommy Chong, Evelyn Guerrero, Edie McClurg, and Paul Reubens.
How about this? Rocky IV in it's entirety. This movie from 1985 will inspire you and it will move you to greatness. If you let.
It's an 80s movie that is unforgettable. One of 1985's Best Movies.
Stallone's new menace in the ring is a 261-pound Russian fighting machine (Dolph Lundgren), and now, Rocky must defend his title and America's honor.
There were many lighter movies in 1985, including the first in The Back to the Future Trilogy, Romancing the Stone, Splash and Footloose. Maybe that is one of the reasons this Rocky is often considered the best, and last real Rocky Movie.
Private School - Starring Phoebe Cates is about a young high school couple experiencing the first pangs of love and acting accordingly.
Enjoy this enticing mixture of comedy, romance, and the erotic!
Phoebe Cates was the star of Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Sean Penn, who? She stole she show.
A little Stray Cut Strut from The Stray Cats. Porky's meets Police Academy. This movie has a very limited target demographic-high school students in the early 80's, which I was.
1984 was another banner year at the movies. Many favorite stars from the past were making movies and many great new actors were appearing on the scene.
Here’s a list of the top 25 box office stars of 1984, Academy Award winners, Top 80s movies from 1984 and promising new actors from that year.
This list includes movies from 1984 that should be included in every 80s fan's collection. There were several talented new actors who appeared on the scene in 1984, including Prince
Top 25 Box Office Stars of 1981
1. Clint Eastwood