- 80s Costumes
- 80s Theme Party Supplies
- 80s Fashions for Women and Girls
- 80s Retro Style Cool Shoes
- 1980′s Music
- 80s T-Shirts and Style
- 80s TV Shows
- Michael Jackson Biography
- Movies of the 80′s
- The 80s on DVD
- Top 80s Gifts and Collectibles
- 1980s Cars and Trucks
Posts about the 1980′s
- Monsters of Rock LA Coliseum 1988
- Finding the Perfect Costume From the 1980′s
- I Only Want to be With You – What Happened to The Bay City Rollers
- Five Sunset Strip Clubs Go 80s on Friday Night
- Madonna Interview Announcement
- The Lasting Legacy of Whitney Houston
- Sixteen Candles: Where Are They Now?
- Attending or Hosting an 80s Theme Party? Here’s Some 1980s Party Costume Suggestions
- Greg Kihn Celebrity Interview October 2011
- Trans Atlantic Crush CD “Remember” Now Available for Sale
- A Short History of Killing Joke
- Duran Duran Music Moments from the 80s
- Magnum P.I. is One of the Best TV Shows from the 1980s
- Duran Duran Returns with ‘All You Need is Now’ Album
- An Overview of Colorful 80s Fashion Trends
- The Top 80s Costumes for Women and Girls
- Power Balladz- The 1980s Rock Extravaganza in New York City
Category Archives: Trends
The '80s was a decade of significant political and cultural change. These events have an impact on our lives today and will into the future in so many ways.
There were also, admittedly, trivial or relatively unimportant events that took place in the 1980's. Here are some of the events that ranged from the deadly serious to the ridiculous.
So whether you loved the 1980s or hated it, there's something here for everyone who lived during this decade to bring back those nostalgic memories.
- The $40 million "Heaven's Gate" took a dive after it's Thanksgiving premier.
It was the decade of decadence. It was about glitz and glamor as well as baubles, bangles, and beads.
Elizabeth Taylor dropped in for Luke and Laura's wedding. Lady Diana Spencer joined the Royal Family. Nighttime soaps like Dallas and Dynasty ruled the airwaves.
Margaret Thatcher ruled the United Kingdom. Tom Cruise felt the need for speed. Gordon Gekko taught Wall Street whiz kids that greed was good. Material Girl Madonna made her musical debut. When did all this take place?
We can only be talking about that terrific time period - the excellent eighties decade.
80's fashion history is memorable and quite distinctive. 1980s fashion favored applied decoration on suits and T-shirts and bead work on clothing which all pandered to the ideals of a time of conspicuous consumption.
The 1980’s was an unforgettable era in fashion and style much of which is actually still in style to this day.
Clothing is style, a sign of success, and an identity marker of whom you are; where you belong; and whom you classify yourself with. In the Eighties more than any other decade people were concerned with status, power and glamor. 1980s Fashion history shows that as fashion for female identity in the workplace took hold, so shoulder width grew.
The 80's were an interesting time and the styles and trends were outrageous to say the least. Here are the trends from the 1980's that should just stay on the shelf dated, the 1980's.
Old trends and styles of dressing have a way of recycling themselves. Get ahead of the game, and learn how to dress in popular styles from the '80s.
The 80's style is easy to identify, from head to toe. The hair was big. Permed, teased, fluffed, and hair-sprayed, tresses in this decade suffered a lot of abuse. Spiky bangs and side ponytails were popular and blond was the color to be. Makeup featured a lot of bold colors.