- 80s Costumes
- 80s Theme Party Supplies
- 80s Fashions for Women and Girls
- 80s Retro Style Cool Shoes
- 1980′s Music
- 80s T-Shirts and Style
- 80s TV Shows
- Michael Jackson Biography
- Movies of the 80′s
- The 80s on DVD
- Top 80s Gifts and Collectibles
- 1980s Cars and Trucks
Posts about the 1980′s
- Monsters of Rock LA Coliseum 1988
- Finding the Perfect Costume From the 1980′s
- I Only Want to be With You – What Happened to The Bay City Rollers
- Five Sunset Strip Clubs Go 80s on Friday Night
- Madonna Interview Announcement
- The Lasting Legacy of Whitney Houston
- Sixteen Candles: Where Are They Now?
- Attending or Hosting an 80s Theme Party? Here’s Some 1980s Party Costume Suggestions
- Greg Kihn Celebrity Interview October 2011
- Trans Atlantic Crush CD “Remember” Now Available for Sale
- A Short History of Killing Joke
- Duran Duran Music Moments from the 80s
- Magnum P.I. is One of the Best TV Shows from the 1980s
- Duran Duran Returns with ‘All You Need is Now’ Album
- An Overview of Colorful 80s Fashion Trends
- The Top 80s Costumes for Women and Girls
- Power Balladz- The 1980s Rock Extravaganza in New York City
Category Archives: Eighties Fashion
The 80s fashions are fondly remembered for the bigger than life clothing styles. The current 80s fashion trend involves taking aspects of 80's clothing styles and integrating it into a more modern style.
The style of clothes women wore in the 80s depended largely on the type of music they listened to, whether it was glam rock, pop, or new wave, Madonna, etc..
In a decade when greed was good and excess became the norm, the fashions were largely defined by the entertainment such as television shows like Dynasty, Dallas, and Designing Women.
When you look back at the last four to five decades the 80's seem to stand out.
Throwing a 80's party is one of the best ways to relive the 80's.
The time period provides to some of the best 80s costume ideas. The 80’s were when times were simple, and big hair was in.
It was the decade that dared to wear Day-Glo wardrobes, and danced to Flashdance and Footloose.
This was a decade driven by music such as Madonna, Wham and Prince.
80s fashion involved not only clothing, but also accessories, hair and makeup. For women, the hair was as important as the outfit.
One of the hairstyles that women coveted in the 80s was called "big hair" or "skyhigh hair."
This involved teasing your entire head of hair so that it became about three times its actual size, but the biggest part of your hair was definitely the bangs.
You were to curl them, tease them, and then cover them with enough hairspray that when flattened, they would spring back to attention immediately.
This video personifies the 80's. A look at 80s fashion and style narrated by eighties icon Mr. T. "I pity the fool!"
Look at the hair, listen to the music, and behold all that is the ultimate 80's nightmare. I have no idea what it means to "table" the label, but make sure ...
Mr T is so gay in this video!
While a typical 80s movie, Flashdance stands out for it's total 80s vibe.
The year was 1983 and MTV and the movies were breaking new style boundaries.
There is a scene in among all the dancing and drama, in which Jennifer's character and her best friend are dancing their way through the city life after work.
High as critics heap their scorn (Roger Ebert, who included the MTV-slick Cinderella flick on his all-time Most Hated list, was not alone in his loathing), they are no match for good old Hollywood magic.
I wore the Springsteen cut-off denim jacket, for one.
I also had a Member's Only Jacket back then. What 80s clothes did you wear back then?
The 80s clothes were about feeling great and having good time.
Tight jeans are back, off-shoulder sleeves are visible in most teen fashions, mixed up colors are back, dark color big bangles are back as well, don't forget the flat pumps that young girls wear today, all from the 80s.
Back in the 1980s, music culture was very different! In contrast to punks the wearers made an effort to look flamboyant in an attractive, luxuriant, beautiful, narcissistic way.
In today’s eclectic fashion world, there are many elements that first came to light in the eighties.
Ballet shoes are all the rage again now with the kids. In the 80s they were slightly different, more like a real ballet shoe.
Now they are ballet inspired flatties.
However, I have seen some shoes that could have come from the depths of my cupboard where they have lived since the 80s.
The earrings the youth are splashing about are exact copies, in many cases- from the 80s.